Beetroot cutlet is one recipe which is always a big hit in my parties. I feel cutlets are a creative way to feed healthy beets to kids or grown ups. These cutlets are soft from inside and crispy from outside. You can enjoy the cutlets with green chutney or ketchup.
- 1 cup grated beetroot
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 cups or 5 medium sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup ground nuts sauteed in oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp kitchen king powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 300 grams of whole wheat rusk, powdered
Salt to taste
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil. Saute jeera and all veggies for 2 to 3 minutes till the moisture evaporates and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Now add mashed potato and sauteed ground nuts, and mix well, and make into desired size cutlets.
- Make slurry with maida and water. Dip the cutlets in slurry, coat it with powdered rusk and rest in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Shallow/deep fry in hot oil till crispy. Serve with your favourite dips.
Tip: Make ahead till step number 3,can also store in the freezer till 1 month and just fry before serving.