It is a persian dish, sheer means milk and khurma means dates. Sheer Khurma is very famous in Hyderabad and it is a special dish during Eid. This Eid, I hope all of you can try out this dessert.
- ¾ cup thin vermicelli
- ¾ cup khoya chopped (can substitute with milk)
- 1 ltr milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 + 1 tbsp ghee
- Cashews, almonds, pistachios, raisins, chironji, all together it should measure ¾th cup.
- 10 Majdool Dates
- 5 – 6 Saffron strands
- Put the milk on boil, meanwhile roast nuts in 1 tbsp ghee, roast the raisins at the last as they might turn black.
- Use the same pan for roasting dates, lightly roast the dates for 10 seconds.
- Now roast seviyan (thin vermicelli) in 1 tbsp ghee for one minute.
- While the milk is boiling, add khoya and continue stirring until everything gets mixed properly to avoid lumps. Let it boil for 10 minutes. Then add the seviyan, nuts, cardamom powder and saffron. Let it cook for about 5 mins.
Now the Sheer Khurma is ready to eat. Serve hot or at room temperature.