This is an ultimate dessert for the fruit lovers. Originally from Hyderabad, this sweet and tangy dessert with just two ingredients will surely tickle your taste buds.
- 50 dried apricots
- 6tbsp sugar
- Wash the dried apricots and soak them in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Remove the softened apricots and do not discard the water.
- Chop the apricots and keep aside the seeds.
- Boil the chopped apricots in 2 cups of water in which they were soaked in.
- Boil on low heat and keep stirring for about 30 minutes until mushy. Add water if needed.
- Once it turns thick, add sugar and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with apricot seeds, which look like tiny almonds (crush open the bigger seed to get the tiny almond-like seeds).
Serve warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.