Menapa rottis are very unique and flavoursome dish from Andhra. I am presenting to you my family recipe which has been our favourite Saturday night dinner meal with coconut chutney and Tomato chutney but mini menapa rotti are great for breakfast.
- 1 cup urad dal (black whole gram)
- 2 cups idli rava
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- Soak urad dal for minimum of 3 hours or overnight, wash and grind it.
2. Soak idli rava(separately) for 15 mins, drain the water then squeeze out the water completely.
3. Later mix the squeezed out rava in urad dal batter.
4. Mix rest of the ingredients in the batter.
5. On a skillet with a few spoons of oil pour a ladle full of batter.
6. Cover and cook until golden brown and crisp.
7. Flip the rotti and cook (without cover) the other side until golden and crisp again.
Serve with coconut chutney or tomato chutney or the Avakayi.