Podis are nutritious and very famous in South India. Traditionally, podi is eaten with hot steamed rice mixed with ghee. I must say the taste is pure bliss and It is my personal favourite.
- 2 cups tightly packed curry leaves
- ¼ cup chana dal(bengal gram)
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 3 tbsp urad dal
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 8 dried chillies
- A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tsp of salt (adjust according to taste)
- 1 inch ball tamarind
- 1 tsp of oil
- Dry roast the curry leaves on low flame until crisp and then grind it.
- Dry roast flax seeds till the crackling sound starts. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil, roast chana dal, urad dal, coriander seeds, chillies and hing until it’s golden.
- After it is cool, grind it with flax seeds and add salt.
- Mix both the powders and store in an airtight container.