Broccoli makes me feel it’s a rich vegetable because of its impressive nutrient profile.These days it’s easy to find in any of the supermarkets. I came up with this recipe so that one can eat broccoli in Indian Parathas.
- 1 medium sized broccoli grated
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp carom seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- In a wide wok, heat oil and saute grated broccoli.
- Add carom seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes on medium flame. Let it cool.
- Take a little paratha dough, roll out a little and stuff a spoonful of the prepared broccoli filling and roll out flat gently.
- Cook on a hot pan, with butter or ghee till the crispy brown spots appear.
Serve with green chutney, yoghurt and pickle/ Avakayi.