Spicy Mint rice is a comfort food and it can be easily made. I feel all the spices and mint work well and act as a medicine when you are suffering from cold.
- 2 bunches of pudina
- 3-4 cups of cooked rice
- 3 green chillies(slit)
- 2-inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp shajeera
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 cardamom
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 1 star anise
- 8tbsp of oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 10 halved cashew nuts
- Salt as per taste
1. Separate pudina leaves from the stem and wash properly
2. Sauté pudina leaves in one spoon oil for 2 mins and then let it cool.
3. Grind the pudina leaves for a few seconds, do not make it a paste.
4. In a wok heat oil, sauté cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cashews, peppercorns, green chili and shahjeera in low flame for one minute.
5. Mix rice, grinded pudina and salt in the same wok for one minute slowly and gently.
6. You can add chopped onions according to taste.
Serve with yoghurt or raita of your choice.