Tofu nuggets have a nice meaty texture that you won’t believe, it is vegan. Tofu is high in protein and also good for weight loss.
- 400 gms Tofu (firm or medium)
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- For marination-
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Kitchen king masala/madras curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- First squeeze water completely from tofu by pressing tofu with heavy objects like a chopping board. Then freeze it overnight.
- Later thaw it fully, drain the water. Again squeeze out water by keeping tofu wrapped with dry napkins under heavy objects for 20 mins. Wait until it is completely dry.
- Now tofu has a meat-like texture(see picture 1). Tear tofu slab into pieces by hand instead of a knife.
- For marination mix all ingredients and coat the tofu pieces and just wait for 5 mins.
- Mix cornstarch and chilli powder separately and then sprinkle over marinated tofu pieces and toss gently.
- Ready a baking tray with parchment paper on it. Place the tofu pieces(see picture 2) and bake at 190°C for 30mins.
Serve hot with Egg-less Mayonnaise.