If you want to eat healthy burger then this recipe is for you.You will not have any guilt while having this because it has all the richness of vitamin B12 from millets, good source of protein from black chickpeas and lastly good fats from walnuts.
- 1 cup boiled black chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked foxtail millet
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt, pepper as per taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup maida
- Blend black chickpeas, foxtail, walnuts, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and pepper in a food processor(pulse) until everything is mixed thoroughly (see pic 1).
- Make patties and keep aside.
- Make slurry by mixing maida and water. Dip the patties in slurry and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate the patties for 1 hour.
- Shallow fry the patties in a skillet.
- Prepare the sliders with your choice of veggies and sauces.
- Foxtail millet can be replaced by brown rice or quinoa.
- To cook 1 cup of foxtail millet, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- To cook 1 cup black chickpeas, soak them overnight and pressure cook in 3-4 cups of water for 45 minutes on medium flame.