This pasta in rich creamy white sauce is my family’s favourite. Made with very simple ingredients, I am proud to say it’s vegan, gluten-free and amazingly tasty. You must try for your loved ones.
- 2 cups of gluten-free macaroni pasta(cooked as per instructions on the package) or your choice of pasta (see picture 1 and 2)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4-5 halved cherry tomatoes(roasted)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste/ pasta sauce
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup soy milk or almond milk
- Salt to taste
- ⅓ cup cashews (soaked in boiling water for 30 mins)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Drain water from the soaked cashews, add the rest of the ingredients and grind into a smooth paste.
- Roast cherry tomatoes(only on the skin side). Keep aside.
- In a wok, heat oil and saute broccoli, carrot with a little salt.
- Add the cashew paste and make it thin by adding soy milk or almond milk.
- Lastly, add cooked pasta and the roasted cherry tomatoes.