Perfect tofu recipe for kids and grown-ups alike. They are crispy on the outside and tender from inside. Extremely flavorful and magical that you would want more and more.
- 350gms of tofu (firm)
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup panko
- Squeeze water completely from tofu by pressing it with heavy objects like a chopping board for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tofu slab into long sticks(see pic 1), keep aside.
- Mix the flour, water, chilli powder, Curry powder and salt and make it into a thick paste.
- Dip the tofu sticks into the paste and then coat them with panko crumbs(see pic 2).
- Fry until golden on all sides(see pic 3).
Serve hot/ warm with ketchup or egg-less mayonnaise or garlic sauce.