These slice and bake cookies are super delicious and easy to make. Crisp from outside and flaky from inside are perfect for a school lunch box or with the evening chai.
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¾ cup slivered pistachios
- Coarse sugar
- Add flax meal with 2 tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Beat butter and sugar and to this add flax meal paste prepared above.
- Add flour and salt, mix until just combined, dough will be thick and sticky.
- Add choco chunks and pistachios.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and shape into a log of 1½ inch diameter 8 inches long.
- Roll the log in to sugar and wrap in cling wrap for a minimum 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice log into 12 cookies, if choco chunks come out press them into the gaps. Bake at 175°C for 13 mins.
- Let it cool completely before eating.