Versatile quinoa beetroot salad is a bundle of healthy ingredients. It is a comfort meal, great for lunch or dinner. Tastes amazing.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked (I used tricolour quinoa)
- ½ cup boiled and chopped beetroot
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- Salt , pepper as per taste
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl, keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add quinoa, beetroot, cabbage, lettuce, walnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing, feta cheese and gently mix.
- Serve with tortillas.
1.To cook quinoa take ¾ cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water in a pan and boil till water evaporates. Take the pan off from the heat, keep mixing, close the lid and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
2. Boil 1 beetroot until tender then peel the skin(using grater) and chop into small pieces.