Traditional Indian pakoras are going vegan. Trust me these are the best pakoras you will ever have.
- 250gms of firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Green chutney
- ½ cup Chickpea flour (besan)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- Squeeze water completely from tofu by pressing it with heavy objects like a chopping board for 30 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 1 inch squares and thickness of 1cm. Spread green chutney on one side of the tofu (See pic1 and pic2).
- Prepare batter with besan, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, baking soda, cornflour with ⅓ cup water. Mix well to ensure it is lump-free.
- Dip the stuffed tofu squares into the batter and deep fry. Fry until it’s golden and crispy(See pic3 andpic4).
- Serve hot with some ketchup.