It’s fall and it’s pumpkin season. Let’s make pumpkin paratha. It’s easy, it’s tasty, it’s nutritious. Kids will love it and so will the grownups.
- pumpkin (3 cups of pumpkin pieces peeled and cubed)
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- Cook Pumpkin pieces in a pressure cooker till 3 whistles or until soft and mushy.
- Grind the cooked pumpkin into a paste or mash it (See Pic 1).
- Now knead the dough combining the wheat flour, salt and pumpkin paste. If needed, add little water (See Pic 2).
- Take a small ball size dough and roll it.
- Cook on a hot pan with butter or ghee until golden (see Pic 3).
- Serve with your choice of chutney or Raita.