Making black eyed pea curry is very easy. Amateurs can also make it with ease. Black-eyed peas or lobiya are very healthy and nutritious. One should definitely include it in our diet. Am sure everyone will love the taste.
- 2 cups black eyed peas
- 2 green chillies slit
- 2 medium size onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp kitchen king masala or Chana masala
- Salt as per taste
- Handful of chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Soak black eyed peas for 4 hours or overnight.Pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Heat oil in a wok/ kadhai. Add green chilli, jeera,garlic,ginger and onions. Saute till translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until mush. Now add cooked black eyed peas,also add coriander powder,kitchen king masala.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.Finally add chopped coriander.
- Serve with rice or roti.
- Adjust spices according to your taste.