Gajar matar ki sabzi is a must in winters at everyone’s house. Red Indian carrot is only available in winters. I love seasonal vegetables because they have a special taste may be because of limited time they are available. Carrot green pea curry recipe which I am presenting has a very rich and creamy flavour. It’s a big hit in my house. Very easy recipe which you can easily make, try it and let me know.
- 5 carrots chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 green chillies slit
- 1 tsp cumin whole
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Salt as per taste
- Keep aside chopped red Indian carrots and green peas.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil fry green chillies, cumin, onions, and ginger garlic paste.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and keep sauteing. Add chopped red Indian carrot and green peas.
- Add half cup water and pressure cook till one whistle.
- After pressure releases open the lid and cook for some more time till most of the water evaporates. Meanwhile add coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Now add coconut milk, let everything blend and cook for 5 minutes. Finally add chopped coriander.
- Instead of coconut milk you can add cooking cream.