A different vegetable, a different story. Highly nutritious root vegetables we must include in our diet. So tasty and versatile it can be an alternative to potato. Enhances brain function. Try this easy peasy recipe. Yam fry is perfect with rice and dal.
- ½ kg Yam
- 3 whole red chilli
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 big onion chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel the skin of Yam using a big knife then cut into medium size cubes.
- Cook Yam cubes in boiling water then drain.
- In a wok, heat oil, add mustard seeds,whole red chilli,ginger,onions and saute for a minute
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- After all the spices are mixed,onions are fried then add boiled yam pieces and fry until everything is well incorporated and pieces are golden in colour.
- Serve hot with rice and dal.