My idea is to uplift the less popular vegetable Aravi or Taro root with this simple and yummy recipe. Aravi fry is so tasty that you can’t stop eating it. Actually there is nothing much in the recipe, the natural flavour of the Aravi does all the trick with just basic ingredients.
- 500 gm Aravi
- ½ cup chopped onions
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Oil for frying
- Boil Aravi in a pressure cooker until 1 whistle.
- After Aravi is cooked, peel it carefully. Then slice it lengthwise.
- In a flat pan, heat oil and fry the aravi pieces till golden and crispy then flip to other side.
- Other side also needs to be golden and crispy. Then remove the Aravi pieces in a bowl.
- In the same pan fry onions for 3 minutes add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Finally add fried Aravi pieces and mix everything.
- Serve hot with rice, dal or rasam.