Eggless Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake is juicy and moist with cinnamon flavour which is unbeatable. Without any fancy decoration this cake is simply gorgeous. This is a perfect recipe to make during the festive season. I’m sure your family and friends will rave for it.
Ingredients for cake:
- ¾ cup soy milk or almond milk
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon spice
- 1 tsp allspice (mix of ground cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon)
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Topping Ingredients :
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- Arrange Apple slices neatly in a 9 inch cake pan.
- Firstly, to make the topping, take a saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar, vanilla essence, cinnamon. Keep whisking for one minute then pour over the arranged Apples and keep in the fridge till the cake batter is prepared.
- Sift thrice flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk Soy milk, applesauce, lemon juice, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon spice and all spice.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Batter should be thick and pour gently over the placed apples spread evenly.
- Bake for 22 mins at 180°C.
- Remove cake and let it cool for exactly 15 mins then invert it on a serving plate.