Don’t go by the looks, stuffed bitter gourd is very tasty and nutritious. And with this recipe, bitter gourd tastes not so bitter but with all the numerous qualities.
Ingredients for Stuffing :
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp ground nut
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 2 tbsp cashew
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- Salt as per taste
- 7 to 8 bitter gourds
- Oil for frying
- Dry roast sesame seeds, ground nuts, cashew, and grated coconut in a pan and grind it. Keep aside.
- Peel the bitter gourds, tear it and remove all the seeds to make them hollow.
- Fry all the scrap in a tbsp of oil for 10 mins and add to the prepared paste and grind again.
- Add salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chaat masala to the paste.
- Next, fry it in 4 tbsp of oil for 7 to 8 minutes and now the filling is ready.
- Now, deep fry the bitter gourd and let them cool.
- Once they are cool, fill the stuffing in the bitter gourd and place them in a flat pan in a tbsp of oil.
- Also pour the remaining paste on top of the bitter gourds. Make sure the lid is closed.
- In 15 minutes the Stuffed Karela Fry is done as everything is already cooked. You do this to bind everything together.