Earthy sumptuous taste of Foxtail millet-Kheer is perfect for any festive time. The protein and fibre rich millet which we should try to include in our diet. By making Foxtail millet kheer you will get all the benefits of millets.
- ½ cup foxtail millet soaked for 3 hours
- 750ml milk
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- A pinch of saffron
- ½ cup chopped deseeded majdool dates
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp chironji
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Cook soaked millet for 5 whistles in a pressure cooker
- Meanwhile boil milk
- In ghee, roast all the dry fruits and remove. In the same pan roast dates for 30 seconds and keep aside.
- After milk is boiled and reduced, add cooked millets, dry fruits, saffron and dates. See no lumps are formed.
- Let it cool for 5 mins and its ready to serve.
- If you are not looking for sugar free, you can add sugar or jaggery.