Try Foxtail millet Bisi Bella Bath which is a wholesome and nutritious meal. A perfect way to include millets in your diet.
1 cup foxtail millet soaked for 3 hours
- 1 cup toor dal / Yellow split pigeon peas
- ½ cup chopped beans
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup capsicum
- 6-7 drumstick
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- 2 – 3 tbsp bisi bele bath masala
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- Wash and soak (foxtail millet for 3 hrs and toor dal for 1 hr)
- Cook millet and toor dal together for 5 whistles and keep aside
- In a wok heat oil add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves, let it splutter.
- Add the vegetables and let them cook properly.
- Add tamarind paste then add cooked millet and dal.
- Add bisi bele bath masala and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.