Everyone likes the regular Pulao, but I find something boring to eat when I have it way too many times. Which is why I came up with this recipe, I substituted the rice with a healthier option which is Kodo millets. This pulao not only tastes different in a good way but also provides more nutrition.
- 1 cup kodo millet
- 1 tsp shajeera
- 4 green chillies
- 3 laung (cloves)
- 3 elaichi (cardamom)
- 1 inch dalchina (cinnamon)
- ½ cup green peas ,corn, carrot chopped mixed
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped coriander
1.Wash and soak Kodo millet for a minimum of 3 hours overnight.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add green chili, shahjeera, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, onions, ginger garlic paste and fry for two minutes.
3. Add veggies, salt, chili, turmeric powder, tomatoes, and cook for two minutes.
4. Add water, biryani masala, and chopped coriander and cook till three whistles.
5. Serve hot.