Homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe is unmatched in terms of flavor, especially given how quickly it can be prepared. A steamy bowl of mushroom is the best choice for these upcoming chilly winter days. Once you’ve tried this vegan version, you will never open a can of mushroom soup ever again.
- Mushroom 250 gms
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Potato medium 1
- Onion medium 1
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- Vegetable stock 1 cube
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Soaked cashews ¼ cup
- Cut mushrooms and use ¾ th of them initially.
- Melt butter in a pan, saute garlic, onions, potatoes and mushroom till everything is cooked. Add salt and pepper.
- Blend everything in a blender by adding cashews and vegetable stock .(For vegetable stock, I used a store bought cube kept in boiling water to dissolve.)
- Saute leftover mushrooms in oil until tender for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushroom mixture.
- Bring it to a boil. Adjust consistency by adding water.
- Serve hot.