The colourful mini idli skewers are easy and delightful party starters. You can be as creative as you want by making your own flavours.
Ingredients for batter :
- 1 cup black gram whole
- 2 ½ cups idli rava
Flavouring ingredients :
- Idli podi
- Curry leaf podi
- Dry garlic chutney
- 1 tsp ghee
- Soak urad dal and idli rava separately for 4-5 hours.
- Grind urad dal, meanwhile squeeze idli rava from water and mix it with urad dal. Let it ferment for 7-8 hours.
- Fill the batter in a mini idli stand and steam for 10 minutes. Let it sit for 3 minutes and remove mini idlis.
- Heat the pan and pour a teaspoon of ghee, add a few mini idlis and sprinkle the idli podi.
- Mix gently, make sure the podi is evenly spread and covered on the idlis.
- Repeat the process with the other podis.
- Pierce 3 idlis in skewers and serve.