Dahi Baigan is a very simple dish with great flavour. You can enjoy Dahi Baigan with Pulao or roti.Learned this lovely dish from a dear friend Julie. I feel great pleasure to share this authentic family recipe of my friend with you guys.
- 1 ½ cup Yoghurt
- 6 small brinjals
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 1 tsp mustard
- Dry chilli
- 1 tbsp oil
- Slit brinjals diagonally, trim the stalks.
- Fry the brinjals until they are cooked.Keep aside.
- Beat the yoghurt, add salt. Drop the fried brinjals in the yoghurt.
- In a small pan heat oil and add all tempering ingredients. Pour the tempering over Dahi Baigan.
- Enjoy Dahi Baigan with Pulao or roti.