This chutney will surely tingle your taste buds. The goodness of dates and jaggery enhances this special chutney’s taste. Strawberry chutney tastes great with roti, bread etc.
- 2 cups strawberries (500 gms)
- ½ cup Jaggery
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ inch grated ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Tempering ingredients :
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 red chillies
- Cut strawberries into small pieces then put in a pan by adding salt. Strawberries will soften.
- Add Jaggery, chilli powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, grated ginger, lemon juice, dates.
- Keep cooking until chutney thickens.
- Heat tempering ingredients and pour over chutney.
- Strawberry chutney is great with roti or bread.