This is a new favourite in my house, which is healthy, easy to make and so filling. You can add your choice of vegetables and most of all it is gluten free. Try this and let me know. For all those who are staying in the UAE, getting Idiyappam packets is very easy.
- 4 Idiyappam crushed
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2-3 green chilli slit and chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Curry leaves
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- ¼ cup beans chopped
- ¼ cup carrot chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum chopped
- Salt as per taste
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup coriander chopped
- 5 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, chana dal, ginger, green chilli, peanuts, curry leaves, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, salt and cook until tender.
- Once everything is cooked add crushed idiyappam and coriander. Mix everything properly and serve hot.
One thought on “ Idiyappam Upma”
This is a healthy and filling dish that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. I love the way it tastes and the fact that it is gluten free.
Smith Jacob White