This recipe was inspired from a Master chef episode. Mutter Mithai is a delightful Indian sweet dish made with soft green peas and milk solids, delicately flavoured with gulkand, cardamom and saffron. A perfect balance of sweetness and richness in every bite!
- 1½ cup Green peas
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup water
- Green colour
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup gulkand
- 2 tbsp chopped dry fruits
- Make sugar syrup by boiling water & sugar (until one and half string is made). Add green gel colour.
- Grind green peas to a smooth paste. Then cook green peas paste on a hard bottom pan in ghee.
- Once it is cooked for 10 minutes add sugar syrup and mix until lump free.
- By reducing the heat, mix the milk powder, cardamom powder. Keep mixing till it is reduced and swirls into the shape of a ball.
- Keep kneading the dough when it is warm, using a silicon mat will make the process easy.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the filling ingredients.
- Take a small part from the dough, flatten it, put a spoonful of filling then cover it by pulling the edges and seal it carefully.
- Make a smooth ball by rotating between the palms.
- Use a silver leaf and saffron to decorate the mithai.