A delicious and irresistible dessert that is sure to impress. As someone living in Abu Dhabi, I couldn’t resist trying this special treat, and now you can too with this simple recipe. Get ready to indulge in a juicy and sweet dessert that will have you craving for more!
Ingredients for syrup:
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 cardamom
- 2 slices of dried orange
- 2 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 120gms frozen kunafa dough
- ¾ cup pistachios
- Heat all the syrup ingredients in a pan, Boil until syrup thickens and then strain the syrup.
- Take a few strands of kunafa dough by cutting with scissors then make a shape of a nest with the help of a finger. Gently put the nest in a mini muffin pan or a baking tray.
- Pour melted butter over each nest, place pistachios in each nest. Again pour melted butter over each nest.
- Cover the tray with aluminium foil & bake @ 150 ° C for 15 minutes then remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and immediately pour the syrup over each nest. Let it soak for a few minutes.