Indulge in the authentic taste of preservative-free homemade pasta sauce that can be stored in your fridge for over a month. A truly special recipe you don’t want to miss!
- 2 kgs fresh tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 canned tomato puree
- 1 big bunch of basil leaves
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cut fresh tomatoes into halves, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.Roast for 200° C for 30 minutes. Then make puree and keep aside.
- In olive oil, saute chopped garlic, onion, carrot. Then make puree.
- In olive oil, saute onion carrot puree, add roasted tomato puree. Add chopped fresh basil.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and let it boil for 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Can store in the fridge for one month.