This instant mango sweet pickle is an absolute delight that perfectly complements parathas. Its sweet and tangy taste is sure to leave you craving for more! Here is how you can make it:
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 medium size mangoes
- 1 tbsp Saunf / Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Kalonji / Nigella seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 ½ cup Jaggery
- 1 tsp Pepper
- peel two medium-sized mangoes and cut them into long slices, halving them in the middle.
- In a pan, heat up one tablespoon of sesame oil and add saunf, kalonji . Let the seeds splutter before adding the mango slices.
- Add salt, Sugar, Jaggery and let it cook until mango slices turn translucent.
- You can adjust the consistency of the gravy as per your preference, either thick or runny. Once the mango pickle is cooked, add one teaspoon of pepper and stir well.
- Allow the pickle to cool down and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.