Methi Bhindi Bhurji is a delightful and flavorful dish that combines the goodness of bhindi (okra) and fresh fenugreek leaves. The earthy flavours of fenugreek leaves complement the bhindi perfectly, adding a unique twist. Methi Bhindi Bhurji is a versatile dish that pairs well with both roti and rice, making it a satisfying and wholesome meal option.
- 500 grams thinly sliced Bhindi (Okra)
- 1 bunch of fresh Fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1-inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon aamchur (dry mango powder)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté jeera, ginger, garlic, and onions until they turn golden brown.
- Add the sliced bhindi and cook until it becomes tender and fully cooked.
- Mix in red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, aamchur, and salt. Gently combine the spices with the bhindi.
- Finally, add the fresh chopped fenugreek leaves and tomato. Stir well and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve the Methi Bhindi Bhurji with roti or rice.