Sabudana is a powerhouse of nutrients and this recipe with little oil will be your go to dish anytime. I find Appe pan very useful to make healthy dishes with less oil.
- 1 cup sabudana
- 1 cup potatoes
- ½ cup peanuts (roasted and crushed)
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin)
- 2 green chillies
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Salt as per taste
1. Soak sabudana in water for 4-5hrs. The water and sabudana should be at the same level. Keep mixing in between and sprinkle water if required.
2. In a small pan, fry jeera and green chilies in a teaspoon of oil for 10 seconds.
3. Mix soaked sabudana, fried jeera, mashed potatoes, green chilies, crushed peanuts and salt.
4. Make small lemon size balls of the dough and keep aside.
5. Heat the Appe pan and drizzle a teaspoon of oil, place the balls in the Appe pan (See Pic1)and cook for five to six minutes until the side is crispy, flip over and cook until golden and crispy(See Pic2).
6.Serve hot with green chutney .