This moist eggless chocolate cake has a soft tender crumb. In this recipe, instead of using eggs and condensed milk I have switched them with flax meal and yogurt. You must try this recipe and I am sure you will love it. This chocolate cake is decadent, super moist and easy to make. My all time favourite.
- 1½ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¾ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2tbsp Flax meal (soaked with 3 tbsp of water)
- Sieve all the dry ingredients which are flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Repeat the procedure three times then keep aside.
- Beat oil, powdered sugar, brown sugar, yogurt, vanilla essence for 5 minutes, then add flax meal paste and beat again for 1 minute.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes in an 8 inch cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- If you want, cut the cake horizontally and spread buttercream frosting, and place the other half of the cake. Finally, decorate the cake on the top.
Ingredients for Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 175 gms butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter for 2 minutes, add rest of the ingredients and beat one last time for 2 minutes.
- Add more sugar if the frosting is too thin or add more milk if it is too thick. You can also add your choice of food colour.
I have used a part of this cake and buttercream frosting to make cakesicles and also used a heart shaped cutter to cut the other part of the cake and serve with buttercream frosting.