Aren’t they cute? Try this perfect recipe for vada which is crispy from outside and flavourful from inside. I made green chutney by just grinding coriander leaves, green chilli, garlic,salt, and lemon juice. Dry garlic chutney is store bought. Presenting in a creative way made all the difference. Not to forget, the best things in the world come in short packages.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 10 garlic cloves grated
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- Curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tsp aamchur powder
- 4 large potatoes boiled and mashed
- ⅓ cup chopped coriander
Ingredients for batter :
- 1 cup besan
- ½ tsp hing
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ – ¾ cup water
- ¼ tsp soda
- Boil and mash potatoes, keep aside.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, green chilli, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric, chilli powder, hing, aamchur. Saute for a minute then switch off the flame.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt, chopped coriander.
- Mix well and make small lemon size balls of potato mixture.
- Prepare batter by adding all the ingredients of batter.
- Dip the potato balls into the batter then deep fry on a medium heat.
- Take white bread cut into small circles using a circle shape cutter.
- Spread green chutney,sprinkle garlic chutney, place vada and serve.
- Slit green chillies,deep fry and sprinkle salt on hot fried green chillies.